- Hold excellent cooking knowledge and skills, control and maintain an assigned Galley section and its entire food production; follow set recipes & dish guidelines; prepare food samples whenever the Executive Chef deem necessary (tastings, recipe trials, etc.).
- Check proper equipment storage pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Bring forward any suggestions and ideas for improvement to the Galley Team as a whole, this includes identifying training needs and operational issues, should they arise.
- Prepare requisitions for the daily food production by counterchecking merchandise in Galley stores, to avoid overstocking and wastage of items.
- Undertake recipe reviews on a daily basis and, if additionally requested by the Executive Chef/Outlet Chef, maintain recipe folders (containing all recipes) of the assigned section and ensure that they are kept in an immaculate condition.
- Fulfill any last-minute requests, within your area of responsibility, due to special functions, itinerary changes and/or other unforeseen changes, as instructed by the relevant Supervisor and/or Manager; communicate the status of the assigned section in terms of food production, equipment, maintenance, performance of staff or any other topics related to the section to the relevant parties.
- Maintain and control the entire Service Line at the assigned section during meal hours, ensuring that the food served is in line with Viking STAR Service Standards; ensure the quality and presentation of food during food preparation and service hours.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the working hours policies and procedures.
- Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public Health Policies and Company Regulations and enforce & maintain “clean as you go” work habits.
- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and service to Guests and consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking’s STAR Service Standards and all Public Health Policies; proactively prepare service according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day activities & other activities.
- Appoint and enforce specific job responsibilities to all key personnel working under the direction of the Assistant CDP and establish the manner and means to train, coordinate and supervise personnel.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to replace and/or takeover any CDP assignment (with the necessary training), at any given time, to its full extent.
- A required minimum of 6 years plus experience as an Assistant CDP or similar position, within a 5 Star hospitality and/or restaurant environment; advanced culinary skills, are required.
- Fluent in English - must have excellent English communication skills to clearly interpret and orate documents, such as menus and recipes. The ability to speak additional languages is an advantage.
- Flexible, stress resistant, committed team player and exceptional work ethic is required.
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance and impeccable hygiene standards, with excellent knowledge of all Public Health Policies are required.
- Physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drug addiction and/or alcoholism; must be able to physically handle 50+ lbs. (30KGs) on a daily basis, and work a minimum of eleven hours a day, seven days a week.
Position: Assistant Chef de Partie
Supervisor: Executive Chef
Direct reports: Cook, Assistant Cook
Line manager: Chef de Partie, Sous Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine